Thank you for your interest in employment with the Manitoba Centennial Centre Corporation. If you would like submit an application in person please complete the application and submit to suite 1000 – 555 Main Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1C3 indicating position of interest.
Housekeeping Service Worker (Casual)
Operating under The Manitoba Centennial Centre Corporation Act, MCCC is a Province of Manitoba Crown Corporation that supports arts and culture in Manitoba through the following buildings and properties: Centennial Concert Hall; Manitoba Museum; Planetarium; Artspace; Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre; Warehouse Theatre; Manitoba Production Centre; extension services buildings and four parking facilities.
Reporting to the department Supervisor/Manager, this is a union position where the incumbent performs custodial cleaning services of designated areas within the Corporation’s buildings to ensure building occupants enjoy a clean, safe and attractive facility. This is 0.4 to 0.6 part-time work that may involve weekends.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, wax floors; perform seasonal and special cleaning assignments
- Wash and polish mirrors, windows, doors, walls, fixtures, drinking fountains, woodwork and furniture
- Clean rooms, offices, classrooms, washrooms, hallways, lobbies, foyers, stairwells, vestibules, auditoriums, cafeterias, kitchen areas; and replenish cleaning supplies, soap, hand towels, etc.
- May set banquet facilities and other special engagements such as meetings and conferences
- May help with the orientation and training of new staff
- Restock housekeeping supplies as required
- Vacuum and pick up litter
- May collect recyclables and refuse
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
- Janitorial experience, training or knowledge of housekeeping maintenance and cleaning requirements
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment and machines in a safe and effective manner
- Team skills and ability to interact tactfully with staff and clients
- Physically capable of performing duties assigned
- Ability to work safely with chemical cleaners
Please forward resume and cover letter by Thursday, May 2, 2019 to
Attention: Human Resources – code: HSW
Manitoba Centennial Centre Corporation
Suite 1000 – 555 Main Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 1C3
Or apply online below and use code HSW in the subject line.