Thank you for your interest in employment with the Manitoba Centennial Centre Corporation. If you would like submit an application in person please complete the application and submit to suite 1000 – 555 Main Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1C3 indicating position of interest.
Term: April 1, 2019 to January 31, 2020 (with possible extension)
Operating under The Manitoba Centennial Centre Corporation Act, MCCC is a Province of Manitoba Crown Corporation that supports arts and culture in Manitoba through the following buildings and properties: Centennial Concert Hall; Manitoba Museum; Planetarium; Artspace; Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre; Warehouse Theatre; Manitoba Production Centre; extension services buildings and four parking facilities.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Facilities Services the incumbent oversees and performs required work in construction, renovations, repairs and general maintenance to buildings and contents at a Journeyman level. This position interprets working drawings and provides estimates of material costs. This position supervises and instructs apprentices, labourers and helpers and applies working knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, construction techniques and materials. It includes an averaged 40 hour work week that may involve weekends and shift work.
- Perform required work in construction, renovations, repairs and general building maintenance in accordance with recognized electrical codes and authorities having jurisdiction
- Test, repair and service all types of electrical equipment
- Oversee the work of contractors to check for proper completion
- Conduct inventory and ensure adequate supply available for current projects
- Supervise and instruct apprentices, helpers and labourers when available
- Move materials and supplies when required
- Prepare estimates for work orders
- Respond to emergency calls
- Perform other related duties as assigned, including minor duties of other trades where certification is not required and the work does not exceed own limitations
Qualifications and Competencies
- Journeyman Electrician certification and license without restrictions (required)
- Grade XII with minimum 3 years’ related experience in construction or building maintenance
- Relevant experience in interpreting working drawings, circuit diagrams, blue prints, shop drawings
- Working knowledge of electrical codes, regulations and local by-laws related to electrical installations
- Working knowledge of construction materials, standard practices, techniques, tools of the trade, testing equipment and various electrical systems, equipment, instruments and devices
- Second trade experience beneficial: plumber, stream fitter, millwright, welding
- Ability to maintain records, source supplies, estimate project material requirements and costs
- Ability to receive and communicate verbal and written instructions without direct supervision
- Ability to safely operate and maintain power tools and trade tools and related equipment
- Team skills and ability to interact tactfully with staff and clients
- Current and valid Class 5 driver’s license (minimum)
- Physically capable of performing duties assigned
$2,339.20 to $2,736.00 (bi-weekly) 5 steps
Includes a comprehensive benefits package upon successful completion of probation.
Please forward application form with resume and cover letter by Thursday, March 21, 2019 to:
Attention: Human Resources – code: ELE
Manitoba Centennial Centre Corporation
Suite 1000 – 555 Main Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 1C3
If applying online, please reference “ELE” in the Subject
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.