Thank you for your interest in employment with the Manitoba Centennial Centre Corporation. If you would like submit an application in person please complete the application and submit to suite 1000 – 555 Main Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1C3 indicating position of interest.
Maintenance Tradesperson 2
Operating under The Manitoba Centennial Centre Corporation Act, MCCC is a Province of Manitoba Crown Corporation that supports arts and culture in Manitoba through the following buildings and properties: Centennial Concert Hall; Manitoba Museum; Planetarium; Artspace; Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre; Warehouse Theatre; Manitoba Production Centre; extension services buildings and four parking facilities.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Plant Services the incumbent oversees and performs skilled tasks for the physical plant and general maintenance to buildings at a Journeyman level. This position uses precision instruments and interprets working drawings and provides estimates of material costs. This position supervises and instructs subordinates and applies working knowledge of safety regulations, building code and trade practices. It includes an averaged 40 hour work week with occasional shift work at nights and on weekends.
- Follows program of seasonal and preventative maintenance inspection/test/service schedule for mechanical and life safety equipment and maintains records.
- Operates, installs, troubleshoots and performs maintenance and repair on machines and equipment in the physical plant, buildings and building controls.
- Monitors and adjusts HVAC and building management systems, equipment controls, water treatment
- Conducts inventory and ensures adequate supply available for current projects and prepares estimates for work orders
- Assists and oversees the work of contractors to ensure standards are met
- Performs other related duties as assigned, including minor duties of other trades where certification is not required and the work does not exceed own limitations
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum valid 4th Class Power Engineer certificate without restrictions (required)
- Grade XII with minimum 4 years’ related experience in facilities maintenance and DDC controls
- Second trade experience beneficial: instrumentation, refrigeration, millwright, plumbing, welding
- Strong competency in comprehending and maintaining building HVAC and control systems
- Relevant experience in reading and following blue prints and shop drawings
- Basic steam fitting and advanced plumbing knowledge is required
- Basic refrigeration and electrical knowledge is required
- Physically capable of performing duties assigned
- Proven ACM handling, disposal training and experience
- Ability to prepare and maintain records, source suppliers and supplies
- Ability to safely operate and maintain building trade tools and related equipment
- Ability to operate light automotive vehicle and powered equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Current and valid Class 5 driver’s license (minimum)
$2,008.80 to $2,296.80 (bi-weekly)
Includes a comprehensive benefits package upon successful complete of probation.
Please forward a standard application form with resume and cover letter by Friday, October 27, 2017 to:
Attention: Human Resources – code: MT2
Manitoba Centennial Centre Corporation
Suite 1000 – 555 Main Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 1C3
If applying online, please enter “MT2” in the Subject
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.