Thank you for your interest in employment with the Manitoba Centennial Centre Corporation. If you would like submit an application in person please complete the application and submit to suite 1000 – 555 Main Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1C3 indicating position of interest.
Maintenance Helper – Casual
Operating under The Manitoba Centennial Centre Corporation Act, MCCC is a Province of Manitoba Crown Corporation that supports arts and culture in Manitoba through the following buildings and properties: Centennial Concert Hall; Manitoba Museum; Planetarium; Artspace; Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre; Warehouse Theatre; Manitoba Production Centre; extension services buildings and four parking facilities.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Facilities Services the incumbent performs work involving cleaning and general maintenance of buildings and grounds to ensure building occupants and visitors enjoy a safe, clean and attractive facility. Work involves the responsibility for performing a variety of tasks, which may require the occasional use of power tools at less than journeyman level and includes set-up and take-down of equipment and supplies. Duties are outlined by the supervisor, but some independence is exercised in their execution. Routine tasks of limited complexity may be performed without direct supervision. The work often involves weekends and occasional shift work.
- Performs routine tasks and basic maintenance services for buildings and grounds
- May assist engineer in cleaning and maintaining mechanical and electrical rooms
- May operate lawn mowers, blowers, trimmers, snow blowers, pressure-washers
- May operate vacuum cleaners, carpet extractors, floor polishers and scrubbers
- May obtain and move parts and equipment for tradespersons
- May assist tradespersons in routine tasks and cleaning
- May assist with grounds keeping tasks
- May assist with housekeeping tasks
- May load and unload trucks
- May move furniture, supplies and heavy equipment as required
- May be required to work with a small number of day labourers
- May be required to operate power tools including chain saw
- Perform other related duties as assigned including reporting and record keeping
Qualifications and Competencies
- Building cleaning and maintenance experience
- Knowledge of maintenance and cleaning supplies
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to operate simple machines in a safe and effective manner
- Ability to perform duties relatively independently and work as part of a team
- Physically capable of performing duties assigned
Salary: $17.75 per hour
Please forward the standard application form with resume and cover letter by Monday, November 18, 2019 to:
Attention: Human Resources – code: MTH-CAS
Manitoba Centennial Centre Corporation
Suite 1000 – 555 Main Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 1C3
If applying online reference the code MTH-CAS in the subject.